The True Goods site and all services provided by True Goods may only be used by individuals 18 years or older; otherwise, supervision from a parent or legal guardian is required. We do not knowingly collect information from minors and therefore, this policy makes no specifications for individuals under the age of 18. This policy does not apply to third parties or individuals unrelated to True Goods. True Goods will use your information for the following internal purposes:
- Confirming and tracking your order(s)
- Subscriptions or registrations
- Analyzing trends or statistics
- Providing you with information about/from True Goods
- Share your personal information with any other company or retailer
- Resell your personal information to third parties
- Store your credit card information
What data do we collect and store?
Your personal information and identity remains completely anonymous to True Goods while browsing our site. However, by choosing to register an account or make a purchase, you agree to the transfer and storage of your account information. True Goods may collect and store the following information:
- E-mail addresses
- Physical contact information
- Financial information
- Shipping and billing information
- Transaction information (based on your site activity)
- Correspondence through our site
- IP addresses, web log information, connection information, and page view statistics
- Supplemental information from third parties (e.g., credit bureaus)
- Information you give to us (customer service, surveys, chats, registration, etc.)
- Automatic information (URL information, purchase history, products viewed, etc.)
- Mobile device information (operating systems, location-based services, etc.)
True Goods may request and require the following personal information when you decide to become an account holder or make a purchase from the True Goods website: your full name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, phone number, and credit card information. This information is required to fulfill your order and inform you about our website, products, and services. If you are making a purchase for someone other than yourself, we will protect his or her information in the same manner than we protect your information.
Who do we share your information with?
Service Providers: True Goods will not resell your personal information to third parties. However, there are third parties that provide services (e.g., credit card processing, shipping, data management and storage services) that require the disclosure of your information, which is necessary to complete our transactions.
Why do we collect data?
True Goods’ primary purpose of collecting your personal information is to provide you with a safe, yet customized experience while using the website. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems
- Customize, measure, and improve our services and content
- Offer targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers
- Compare your information for accuracy, including verification with third parties
- Provide promotional offers and recognize feedback
In the case of a Merger/Sale or Bankruptcy
Merger: In the event that True Goods, and all or substantially all of True Goods, is acquired, individually identifying information of our account holders and customers may be one of the assets sold in connection with that transaction, without notice to you or your consent. We will notify users of the change in ownership or transfer of assets by posting a notice on the website.
Bankruptcy: In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used. Therefore, you should know that in such event your personal information may be treated like any other asset of True Goods, and sold, transferred, or shared with third parties, or used in ways not contemplated or permitted hereunder, without notice to you or without your consent.
When will we contact you?
Service Announcements: True Goods will send you an e-mail when you register or purchase products from the website. This announcement will be used to welcome and confirm your account. We may send you service-related announcements when it is necessary to do so. If you do not wish to receive them, you can deactivate your account.
What are ‘cookies’ and how does True Goods use them?
When is your information available to the public?
The following are circumstances in which your information may be visible to the public or other True Goods users:
- When you post a message (message content and first name/last initial is visible) – once you post, you may or may not be able to remove it
- If True Goods is required to disclose personal information under special circumstances (subpoenas, etc.)
How is your information protected?
True Goods cannot guarantee absolute security; however, we have taken numerous precautions to protect the security of your personal information. True Goods utilized the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. This protocol encrypts the personal information that is inputted on the website. True Goods also uses firewalls to protect your security. Despite these technological measures to protect your information, we still recommend you keep your password in a secure place, do not disclose any of your account information, and sign-off from True Goods and close your browser when you have finished visiting.
Third Party Disclaimer
Termination or changing your personal information on True Goods
If you wish to terminate your account, please contact us. To change your personal information, simply login to your True Goods account and make the desired changes.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions