For a taste of what you’ll discover, here’s a quick and handy excerpt…
“Shopping allows you to be an advocate. It’s the perfect vehicle for creating change, for doing good in the world.” ~ Liz
Top 5 Items to Change on a Budget
- Switch from antiperspirant to deodorant, and make sure it’s non-toxic.
- Pick one shampoo/body wash for the whole family. Using one good product saves money.
- Choose a safe body lotion because it soaks into your skin and bloodstream.
- Get an all-in-one household cleaner. Reduce your quantity of products and spend your money on one good one.
- Pet shampoo. Wash pets in something safe and don’t use human shampoo.
5 No-Cost Options to Help Detoxify Your Home
- Ditch the plastic. Plastics leach, especially when heated. Drink out of glass cups and heat food on non-plastic plates.
- Open the windows for five to 10 minutes each day. Indoor air pollution is more toxic because of chemicals used to manufacture furniture and dry-clean clothes, among others.
- Take your shoes off at the door to avoid tracking in pesticides, heavy metals and germs.
- Prepare your own meals. Less packaging equals less processing and preservatives. Whole ingredients mean less fake stuff.
- Purchase used when possible (cars, clothes, toys). Harmful chemicals have been washed out and off-gassing of manufacturing chemicals such as formaldehyde may be finished.