Deep in Morocco’s Argan Forests...
...“liquid gold” is harvested and pressed from the nut of the fruit of the argan tree. These trees are quite rare, found only in very distinct regions of Morocco, and can live to be 150-200 years old. The liquid itself is called argan oil, also commonly known as Moroccan Oil, and is fast becoming a true beauty essential. It’s so versatile you’ll find that it can be used for a variety of everyday beauty treatments, and as a stand-alone elixir.
Packed full of vitamins E, F & A, essential fatty acids, proteins, and minerals, argan oil softens, moisturizes and protects all at once. It’s also used to help fight age lines, and minimize scars and stretch marks. Because of the word “oil” in its name, you might think its going to leave you greasy and make your face break out like a teenager – but this is a common misconception. In fact, argan oil is what we call a “dry oil.” This means it’s lightweight and absorbs quickly, leaving you grease-free and moisturized. This is true for your face, your body and even your hair!
According to Mind Body Green, argan oil can take the place of many cosmetics and personal care products in your medicine cabinet. By picking a 100% pure organic option, like this one from Acure, you can be comfortable using it on yourself and your family. In its purest form, argan oil is non-toxic and paraben free.
So go ahead, de-clutter your personal care drawer!
And be sure to keep in mind this short list for using “liquid gold:”
- Moisturizer ~ Just a few drops before bed and you’ll wake up with glowing skin.
- Leave-In Conditioner ~ While your hair is still wet, add a few drops to your scalp and hair and let sit for root-to-tip hydration. This trick is especially good if you blow-dry your locks on a regular basis.
- Hair Styling Shine ~ Argan oil can instantly tames frizz and adds shine on dry hair. We recommend avoiding the roots and using it close to the ends of your hair.
- Bath Oil ~ Add a few drops to your bath and enjoy the moisturizing properties.
- Hand, Cuticle & Heel Softener ~ On your hands, argan oil softens cuticles and encourages nail growth. For feet, just massage in a few drops before bed, put on some socks on and hit the hay. You’ll wake up with baby soft feet ready for dancing.